Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Heartbeat

So a couple weeks ago, Sarah had a doctor's appointment and after hearing Evelyn's heart beating really fast, I said that it was beating for her father. Of course, common joke or should I say, dream of each father to be. But thinking about it, I thought that was kind of a selfish and prideful thought. Really, I hope that beautiful little girl's heart is beating for God. I hope that her life exists to bring glory to Him. And I hope that my life does as well. We have a choice in what our heart beats for and that choice has to do with what we love. Do we love that music group or TV show or certain guy or girl? Love is not a bad thing at all, but we need to make sure first of all that we love God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ with all everything that we are.

5 comments:

Jeff Selph said...

You can always look at it this way: she doesn't understand God and cannot acknowledge her Heavenly Father in any way, so for now, her heart beats for 2nd best, her earthly dad.

I'm excited for you guys. You're getting close, too.

Seda said...

It's fun and exciting, isn't it?

But hey - what does that mean, exactly: to love God with all that we are?

David and Sarah Carrel said...

To love God with all that we are is a reference to when God says in the OT and Jesus reiterates in the NT to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Our mind, where our decisions are made, should be made out of love for God. Our strength, or actions should show our love for God. With our brain we should seek to understand and know who God is and what He has for us.
I heard it said once that when we breath, it could be that we are breathing the name of Yahweh or the Lord God. I am not sure if that is true, but it should be represented in our life that our breathing or our words and our actions show to those around us that we believe and trust in the Lord God Almighty!

TaylorSmithPhotography said...

DAVID THIS IS TAIT SMITH FROM CHATT-TOWN! I HAVE WANTED TO TALK TO YOU GUYS FOR SOME TIME NOW BUT HAVE NOT HAD ANY CONTACT INFO! TELL SARAH TO CALL ME I REALLY WANT TO COME TO BRASIL FOR THE SUMMER!!! WELL TELL SARAH TO GIVE ME A CALL AT 423-834-3817. BY THE WAY YOUR BABY IS BEAUTIFUL! WELL LOVE YOU GUYS AND I'M PRAYING FOR YOU! CALL ME SOON!

TaylorSmithPhotography said...

and if you can't call send me an email at taitthegreat3@aol.com