Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bits August


“We need to pray for ministry partners for David and Sarah,” someone said from our home church a week after we had been there. So neat to hear that people are praying for our greatest need right now. We are looking for partners to go with us. We will need partners who work well with youth or children, partners who are people persons who enjoy meeting others, and partners who enjoy teaching. If you think you may fit into one of those roles or know someone who does, please contact me. If not, please pray that we would find workers for His harvest. 

This month we went up to Michigan where I was able to speak at a lifelong friend’s youth group in Kalamazoo. They were very attentive and afterwards I talked to a young man and his mother for about 45 minutes about his life in missions. I have done this several times this year and really enjoy it. 

The next day I went to a staff meeting at my home church where I was able to share a couple of things. My home church is in a transitional period and are looking at a couple different areas. I enjoyed seeing the ins and outs of their staff meeting. I was also able to speak at a Sunday School class in which I talked about the Amazon and the Outback and drew a horrific map. 

This past week I went to a mobilization conference with ABWE where we learned about short term trips, internships and how we can better counsel people interested in missions. Hopefully it will come into play the next couple months as we travel to several churches (Alabama, North Carolina, and Indiana). We are looking still for around 700 dollars worth of monthly support. Pray that need gets met soon so we can buy our plane tickets for January. 

I spent a lot of time working on the new blog http://trendsinbiblicalmissions.blogspot.com/ this month and if you have not checked it out, please do. My goal is for lots of pastors and missions committees to be able to look at it, discuss, and understand some of the trends in missions that we do not always think about. 

Thanks to all for their prayers, love and support. 

All for HIS glory,
David, Sarah, the jumping girl that calls all her food delectable, and the smiling, roller who loves walking outside and anything that she can hold and goes in her mouth. Here is a little raw video in celebration of the start of football season:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qflLbC5zM0c 

No comments: