Friday, July 31, 2020

Bits July

A higher standard! This Sunday I am speaking out of I Corinthians on how Christians live by a different set of rules. We are to be more generous, loving, forgiving than the normal standards of this world. How applicable is that to these days. We have so much to learn. 


Sarah's counseling continues to go well along with encouragement in the women's group. At some point I hope to be more specific with counseling stories, but for now you can trust me that it is going really well! I posted on facebook this month about how proud I am of her and yes, she did approve of what I wrote, in case you are wondering! haha. Here is a picture of her at her annual surprise birthday party. I think she was surprised this time because it happened a couple days before her actual birthday. 
This month the second online Theology class started. We started with over fifty names in the system! I didn't think all of them would go through with the work, and we are right, but at least half of them are! They are enjoying the class as well. So far it is reaching the goal of not being too time consuming yet at the same time giving them the ability to learn as much as they want to learn. I really think this is a great  start to more of an online learning platform that can be very effective. 

We had a couple trips this month! First off was a much needed four day vacation to the beach! We had been waiting for things to open up enough to get away. It was great. The second trip was by myself as I went to the US to grab the girls' school books. Like literally, I was there for two days and had enough to pack my overweight luggage (I paid for one extra bag and dragged the rest through the airport in a check in bag and my backpack. Fortunately they didn't check the weight of those bags, haha). This trip was basically as cheap as finding another way for the bags as all the groups coming down had been cancelled and the post office isn't sending internationally! How crazy is that. The easiest way was for me to take the quick trip. I did get to see my sister and brother-in-law and their new daughter! 
When I arrived home the girls announced they wanted to start school already! So this past Monday they started back up. They are lovely and doing a great job. 


We have opened up our services but are having low attendance as the virus seemed to pop up strongest at this time. Several in our church have contracted it (not from church) and are doing fine. We praise the Lord for that and are now praying for wisdom as we work with the people on coming back to services. Thank you so much for your prayers and support!

All for HIS glory,
David, Sarah and our fifth grade Evelyn and second grader Anna Claire



No comments: